What is mentoring?
Experienced scientists (mentors) advise and accompany prospective and already established young scientists (mentees) in their professional and personal development. Mentoring takes place outside the usual supervisor-employee relationship and is based on trust and confidentiality. Mentoring is a "bottom-up" relationship in the sense that the initiative comes from the mentee.
Who are the targets?
Prospective and already established young scientists at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Zurich (students in the last year of their studies and those working on their doctoral and habilitation dissertations) who wish to pursue an academic career in clinical medicine or in some basic subject of medicine.
What are the goals?
Goals of the mentoring program are:
- early awareness of career plans and guidance in developing career goals,
- support for career steps,
- integration into research groups and networking among junior researchers,
- establishment of research collaboration,
- advice on research proposals,
- arrangment of stays abroad,
- support for publications.
1. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application must include the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Completed questionnaire (DOCX, 120 KB)
2. The program managers will contact potential mentors.
3. If the mentors agree, the mentees will receive the mentoring agreement.
4. A written agreement is signed between mentor and mentee on the frequency of contact (at least once every two months) and the objectives for the next 12 months of mentoring.
5. The mentees are responsible for the further course of the mentoring relationship (including contacting the mentors)
Institution responsible for the program
Faculty of Medicine of the University of Zurich
Mentoring of students
For the mentoring of students in the 3rd and 4th year of studies: www.mentoring-zuerich.ch/ and email@example.com
Dr. phil. Diana Baumgarten
Head of Junior Staff Development and Equal Opportunity
044 634 48 55
Office days: Mon, Wed-Fr