Experienced scientists (mentors) advise and accompany prospective and already established young scientists (mentees) in their professional and personal development. Mentoring takes place outside the usual supervisor-employee relationship and is based on trust and confidentiality. Mentoring is a "bottom-up" relationship in the sense that the initiative comes from the mentee.
Goals of the mentoring program are:
Prospective and already established young scientists at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Zurich (students in the last year of their studies and those working on their doctoral and habilitation dissertations) who wish to pursue an academic career in clinical medicine or in some basic subject of medicine.
People experienced in the academic world who are willing to share their own experience on a voluntary basis and thus support the academic career of the mentees.
1. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application must include the following documents:
2. The program managers will contact potential mentors.
3. If the mentors agree, the mentees will receive the mentoring agreement.
4. A written agreement is signed between mentor and mentee on the frequency of contact (at least once every two months) and the objectives for the next 12 months of mentoring.
5. The mentees are responsible for the further course of the mentoring relationship (including contacting the mentors)