The Neuromuscular Research Association Basel (NeRAB) is a private research organization with the exclusive aim to promote basic and clinical research related to neuromuscular disorders, primarily at the Basel Neuroscience Campus. It has been organised in 2007 and the association has its legal seat in Bottmingen, Basel Land, Switzerland. The first grants were awarded in 2008. Members of the committee are Prof. Bernhard Bettler, Dr. Roland Bühlmann, Prof. Peter Meier-Abt and Prof. Andreas Steck (President). General conditions for grants.
The NeRA–Basel supports basic and clinical research on neuromuscular disorders. Qualified applicants, both at junior or senior level are encouraged to apply. Projects will be judged both on their scientific merit and feasibility.
NeRAB offers 2 types of funding:
- Regular Grants up to SF 20’000 per year.
- Innovative research projects in the following areas:
- Interdisciplinary therapeutic or diagnostic approach
- Development and application of new technologies
- Developing a novel animal or cell model of the disease
Renewable funding is up to SF 50’000 per year.
Funds will not be provided for:
- Statististical investigations
- Organisation of symposia or meetings
- Fellowships or training
Please consult the guidelines for grant application at www.nerab.org